Thursday 16 August 2012

The Other Cup

You've probably gathered from my last post that I like all types of underwear from comfy boy shorts to sexy see through bras so now it's time to explain my other love.... Afternoon Tea!


Every year around Christmas I venture into London hotels in search of clotted cream, teas from far flung fields and a luxurious sit down. Here are a few of my favourites:

1) The Ritz - We had prime position in The Palm Court and had a great view of everything and everyone seated at the top of the grand 1920s hall. I will always be impressed by the waiters who could tell which tea was in which teapot, on a tray of many, just by the aroma of the rising steam.

2) The Dorchester - this felt very luxurious as it had a very warm atmosphere. We were celebrating a birthday whilst here and were amazed at the complimentary cake brought to our table with candle et al.

3) The Four Seasons - this was the first place I ever had tea and as a novice I was wowed by the service, the several courses, the tinkering piano and will always be one of my favourite places to lounge.

When not at these lush surroundings I make do and bake my own cakes and make sure the kettle always boiled for a good cuppa and have recently taken a shine to decorating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment